Phone: (360) 650-2649
Office: AH 405
M.A., Ph.D., Political Science, John Hopkins University
B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, Williams College
- Political Theory
- History of Political Thought
- Race and Ethnicity
- Colonialism and Post-Colonialism
- Hybrid Constitutions: Making and Unmaking Power and Privilege in Colonial America, Duke University Press (2010).
- "Under Negotiation: Empowering Treaty Constitutionalism," forthcoming in Colonialism and Its Legacies, edited by Iris Marion Young and Jacob Levy.
- "Unsettling Colonies: Locke, 'Atlantis,' and New World Knowledges," History of Political Thought. 2008 (29).
- "Cultivating and Challenging the Common: Lockean Property, Indigenous Traditionalisms, and the Problem of Exclusion," Contemporary Political Theory. 2006 (5): 193-214.
- "Giving Orders: Theory and Practice in the Fundamental Constitutions of Carolina," Journal of the History of Ideas, 2002: 425-446.