MCL scholarship application for the 2021/2022 academic year is now available!
Additional scholarship opportunities are also available through the Scholarship Center and the CHSS Dean's Office.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS & APPLICATION FORM: MCL Scholarship Application
You are applying to all available MCL departmental scholarships and tuition waivers with one application. Award amounts vary and average between $500-$2000, depending upon available funding per scholarship. All application materials must be submitted (via email) to the Department of Modern and Classical Languages by April 30, 2021.
ELIGIBILITY: Must be currently enrolled at WWU and plan to study full-time (minimum 12 credits) at least one quarter of the 2021-22 academic year in order to apply. Note: some scholarships have specific criteria and the committee will determine eligibility based on student application. Scholarship awards cannot be used for study abroad.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & DIRECTIONS: Please attach the following documents to one email and submit to Angela in the Department of Modern & Classical Languages - email@example.com
- Scholarship application – page 3 of MCL scholarship application document
- A brief statement regarding your education and career goals. Do not exceed one double-spaced, single-sided page.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts (academic history available in Web4U)
- Unofficial transcripts of college-level work other than WWU
- Two letters of recommendation in support of your application
- At least one of the letters must be from an MCL professor, preferably from each language you are studying. Additional letters may be from a faculty member, employer, or a community or campus organization. (Start planning early in your requests for letters. Usually writers appreciate at least two weeks notice, if not more.)
- The writers of these letters must submit via email directly to Angela in MCL: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
NEXT STEPS: Scholarship Committee will review all completed applications. Announcements will be shared by end of May or early June via email. The earliest quarter that scholarship funds may be applied is fall 2021.