The Ralph Munro Institute for Civic Education’s third annual “Day on Capitol Hill” is going virtual! This program will take place over four days in mid‐May, led by former Washington Secretary of State Ralph Munro, Munro Institute Director Vernon Johnson and Political Science Professor Kate Destler. In four sessions spread across four days, a small group of political science majors and minors will have the opportunity to meet with a diverse group of legislators, state elections officials and Western alumni who work as political staff members. Don’t miss your chance for an up‐close and personal look at state government!
Program activities will include:
- Conversations with Ralph Munro, former Secretary of State, Western Alum and founder of the Munro Institute;
- Meetings with elected officials; and
- Opportunities to speak with Legislative Staff who are Western Alums.
- Mon, May 17th ‐ 4‐5:30 pm
- Tue, May 18th ‐ 9‐10 am
- Wed, May 19th ‐ 4‐5 pm
- Thu, May 20th ‐ 9‐10 am
Students interested in participating should:
- Be a declared Political Science major or minor
- Commit to attending all four sessions
- Send an email with a paragraph explaining why you would like to participate (e.g.your interest in public policy processes and state political institutions) to: Vernon.Johnson@wwu.edu
Application deadline: Monday, April 26th